Saturday, November 06, 2010

Aberdeen - Granite city!!!

Actually I went to Aberdeen to explore more lochs.. In fact I was completely satisfied (to be honest I was more than satisfied!) with my previous day trip and I didn't want to explore more lochs ..

So I decided to explore the city itself though, Aberdeen is not a big tourist attraction spot.. It is a kind of business city.. Lot of oil companies..

Okay.. Anyway I wanted to see the city .. Craig suggested me to visit "Old Aberdeen" and "small old fisher man village near beach".. So I have got already things to do.. Half a day to old Aberdeen and half a day to beach .. And during Craig's lunch time he wanted to show me the "Art Gallery".. Look.. How many things to see now..

Starting from the city centre..

It has come already Christmas for them!!! lot of light settings..

And the following photo .. two things attracted me a lot.. One made me some suspicion about myself.. Ha ha ha.. And here goes the "Old Aberdeen".. that was so cool... I went to "Kings College" ... I was so familiar to that place .. "Of course I have seen this before from some cinema"..



It was one of my dreams to cover moon and the sun together.. I guess I did!!!!..



After spending good time visiting the Kings college I went back to the city to meet Craig to explore the Art gallery ..




Here we are already in a gallery..Craig wanted to show me his favourite pieces.. One of them is " The bronze sleeping bag" .. Interesting!!

" The Chess Man"..
I was lucky to see there .. Because it is under roaming... It will be there for only few days..

&
It was really interesting to see chess man's with very funny expressions..
Very different from the warriors look..


I should mention here that Craig was running to spent some time with me even in his short lunch time break.. So sweet of him.. I am very thankful to him..

After he left I went to beach side.. It was again a long walk..
Then went to visit the Small fisherman village "Foot Dee" (Called Fittee) .. Very interesting place.. I knew before that Aberdeen is called granite city since they use granite for buildings.. But I never thought that they use the Granite for roofing too.. No wonder they are so rich ....

If you see in front of all the houses they had a good tables to sit.. It reminded my village where I grew up for some years.. we have the same set up.. Of course not pretty as here..
As I was tired of quite long walks I took some rest sitting and wondering "is this place really existing".. It is just near by the city and it is totally different life style.. They kept many things out.. I appreciate their belief!!!

After this I started coming back to meet Craig .. I wished to go back home with him.. His office is located at the heart of the city.. The funny thing I observed was the harbour is located right inside the city.. It was interesting that to see that there was one big ship entering along with the cars and vehicles in the main avenue ..

I guess with this photo you get some idea waht I mean to say..

Other funny thing happened was "I wrote text message to Craig saying I am waiting for him some place facing the blue ship".. He replied me "why don't I go to his office" .... Actually i do not know where he works...But I know that I am very near by..

He wrote me in detail saying walk along the backside of the ships and you will end up with the building where I come out.. So we meet .. Ha ha ha.. I read two times then I walked in certain direction then I came to know that I am making some mistake and decided to go back to the same place.. Before that Craig was searching for me.. Ha ha ha.. I told him I was going in the opposite direction.. He said I wrote you clearly.. Walk along back side of the ships..
Ha ha ha.. In fact that confused me!!! To be honest I didn't know which is the front and which is the back part of the ship.. (I have good reason why I am still a student!!!) .. But, He was very cool to accept that and explained me which is front and which is back part of the ship.. I guess I never forget this information..

One more thing made me so comfortable with him is " whenever we meet each other we hugged!!!.. That was very nice feeling!

(Look being Indian how many important stuff I missed in my life.. I do not want to miss any more!!!).. Do not under estimate me.. I only prefer comfortable hugs!!! not with everyone!!!
Ha ha ha..

Okay..

Then he wanted to show me his office.. I was to his office.. He has a such a nice view of ships from his desk..

He said he wants to take a photo .. I thought of our photo... . But the thing was he wanted me to go and stand in his company reception desk.. I made myself clear and I went to the reception .. He asked Porkodi please sit.. What??????...

I was bit afraid of that.. You can obviously see from my expression.. Ha ha ha..

Finalmente, I liked this photo with the good memories..
Okay.. After we left home and had good dinner and got ready to explore the castle next day....

No comments:

Post a Comment