Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Stirling - The Braveheart Tour!!!!

First city I decided to visit near Glasgow is Stirling. As a morning person I got ready very early to see the beauty of Scotland.....

Bus Station Clock in Glasgow..
I got a bus and ticket with a return journey (considerably cheap)...

I just enjoyed the beautiful landscapes on the way to Stirling...

So welcome to Stirling.. hmmmm.. The weather was so good... cold breeze with sun.. Sounded perfect to roam..

I got the information from the tourism office and started walking towards castle.. From the map you can clearly see that it is very easy to cover the historical part.. Almost all places concentrated on one rock surrounded with Town wall..

I was climbing hill.. I was really alone.. Passing by Cemetery for few minutes.. Graveyards made me sooooo scary .. .. I prayed god to send me some company .. and immediate next request was not the company of ghost.. Ha ha ha.. I started laughing myself and reached the castle parking place and enjoyed the great view of Stirling..

On the way to caslte..

Here I am in Castle.. Good to see some people.. Ha ha ha...
So beautiful place.. So peaceful.. So calm.. Fresh air.. Gentle Sun... Hmmm.. I even thought of what else I want more in this life????..
Okay.. No philosophy.. Lets go and see the castle of Braveheart person.... Sounds too warrior .. Right???..

I found this statement in a museum.. I just loved it..
"A warrior is a majestic creature. His job can be violent and bloody, but he always looks impressive"

What do you think???? For me they have a backbone to face the issue.. Real warriors never hide themselves..This is my opinion.. and they are very impressive of course ..

Okay welcome again to Stirling Caslte..
Stirling Castle is perched high upon its rock, and is undoubtedly one of the most splendid castles in Scotland. For centuries the nation's kings and queens delighted in its fabulous location and used it as a meeting place for the royal court. Unlike many of the other castles we have seen, Stirling has been restored to what it would have been like in the 1500's so you get a real sense of what it must have been like to live back then...
When I was entering the castle the girl said to me do not miss the guide tour.. It starts in ten minutes and worth attending.... Of course.. Why not?? then I found so interesting guy.. His name is Charles (Guide)..

Here he is.. He was amazing .. He has chosen his right job.. My god.. He was so cool and so excited and He let us feel the battle field just by his beautiful words.. I cant forget this guy in my life.. If he was my history teacher there were no worries failing in all my history exams .... I was so poor in history in my school days.. even now.. Ha ha ha...

Okay.. We see Some photos from castle...



No wonder to see Bagpipes ...
On the way back to bus station..

Could you guess what is this place ???? Okay.. Let me tell you.. It is a Youth hostel now.. It is an information for you.. May help you in near future..

Last but not least ...Patriot and National Hero of Scotland : William Wallace .. MONUMENT...
Braveheart is a 1995 American epic drama film directed by and starring Mel Gibson. The film was written for the screen and then novelized by Randall Wallace. Gibson portrays William Wallace, a Scottish warrior who gained recognition when he came to the forefront of the First War of Scottish Independence by opposing King Edward I of England, also known as "Longshanks"..

So you know why I said Braveheart tour.. Now I have to look again Braveheart film.. Because of William Wallace and Mel Gibson.. Ha ha ha..


See you very soon ...
Have a good day ahead
beijinhos

No comments:

Post a Comment