Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Academic trip to Glasgow - Scotland!!

Sounds great Right???

I went to attend a conference in Glasgow for a week .. So being a (good) student (you believe that right???) my first post comes to you from conference..


It was the place where they conducted a conference .. SECC (Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre) .. 1500 delegates.. Many big shots (I mean scientists) .. It was my first experience to attend such a huge international conference in Europe.. That was so exciting!!!

Being honest (very secret.. okay???) I was in conference just one day .. That was about my work.. So, as I mentioned previously being a good student I shouldn't miss this.. Good that Sun Wei also attended just one day.. .. I am happy to see him there..

After attending some lectures, in a break we just decided to take some pictures ..
Here we go..





Proof of attendance.. Ha ha ha..

Group photo ... (I am not surprised to see lot of Indians there)...Comes the very lucky part.. While registering for this conference they arranged the Banquet dinner for the delegates.. I saw, it was 65 pounds.. Too much for the dinner.. I would rather see many cities with this money.. Ha ha ha.. there you go.. Porkodi's mind set...

Sun Wei and Mahadev were already registered for it.. Rich guys .. You see what happened.. My current boss (Proud to announce that he was a chair person) was asking us about our plan at the evening after the meetings.. Sun wei and Mahadev said they are going for Dinner.. Boerje said he is going out with his friends and he could not join there for the dinner.. Here I should appreciate Sun Wei.. He asked Boerje to offer his Banquet dinner to me.. Ha ha ha.. I wasn't thinking like this.. Yes of course Boerje said please collect the ticket for her.. Ha ha ha.. We asked the organising people to give Boerje's ticket for us.. (of course for me).. I should appreciate Boerje that even he was so busy with his friends he was searching for us and confirmed that I got the ticket .. He confirmed with me many times did I get that for free.. Ha ha ha.. I never saw him like so concerned before.. Very interesting..Good for me.. So with this big story we move on to the dinner..

You know, they arranged dinner in a Museum.. That was a great idea..Right?????
for 500 people..

Kelvingrove Museum.. where we had our dinner..
We were welcomed to enter the museum with the bagpipes of Scotland!!!! Hmmmm..
and
We were served with some drink and we spent some time in roaming around the museum ...




Then comes our dinner tables... What can I say about this???? Okay.. Thanks to Boerje.. (Some time I Should pretend being good person.. ha ha ha)

After looking this we felt so hungry.. We were waiting for more surprises..

Our dinner table....
So we had our own menu card ...

The girl who took car about our table was great.. Always smiling and very pleasing..

The food was served exactly as described in the menu card..

In fact I never had such a Royal treatment !!!!

Our starter... Salmon fish...I do not have any idea where did they find this .. So soft..

After we had our main food.. we were so full.. And we found in the menu card still we need to eat a lot of food.. Mahadev was insisting me to eat lot .. Asked me not to waste Boerje'e money.. ha ha ha.. Very caring about his boss.. (Ha ha ha)..

When we checked the next item, we found that we are going to receive basket of cherries.. Me and Mahadev was discussing how would we manage to eat basket of cherries.. Ha ha ha.. Then came our dessert .. Basket of Cherries.. Ha ha ha..

We could not stop laughing.. This was the basket of cherries.... Very funny.. In fact we were definetley ready to eat more baskets..(ha ha ha)

Okay.. That is it.. We all had good meetings with our MIP community people and had lot of fun in dinner..

Here I should say many many thanks for my bosses, Manel (One who choose this great place) and Boerje (you know why???)

I should thank Mahadev and Sunwei for their great company too..

Okay.. I stop here about my conference..

and get ready for the upcoming posts .. (Many okay???? no surprise right??)

Até Breve!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment