Friday, June 26, 2009

Quinta de Aveleda - Visiting one of the world famous vineyard and farm....

As I said in the title I had an oppurtunity to visit the one of the world famous vineyard near Porto. Here I should mention about my friend, Marcia (doing masters in Agronomy). She is taking care of one of the farms for her master's research. Becasue of her influence I had this great oppurtunity to visit this farm house and vineyard. Beleive me guys its not so easy to visit.


So, I have been to Quinta de Aveleda with Marcia, one of the oldest vineyards, since 1671 ... http://www.aveleda.pt/php/primeira.php?lingua=2 (When you find time please take a look of this site.. I promise that, you will enjoy spending time on that.)

(I am not sure that whether I can use their logo without their permission. But I did. I beleive it wont be a problem... ha ha ha)

Okay... As much as I know there are three kinds of world famous wines are produced in Portugal. (1. Green wine - vinho verde, 2. Rose & 3. Red wine). I like so much the green wine.. It has really a very good taste and with less alcohol content. This wine are produced from the grapes planted in the vinho verde region of portugal. You can easily see it from the map...




In one of my previous post about Regua (Douro river), those grapes are used to produce red wine.


so, here we were entering the Aveleda Area...

First, we visited the vineyard of Aveleda, and she checked the influence of her used pesticides over some diseases.. She taught me some things about her work.. Here she is.. (very humble, polite, intelligent and a very sincere girl.. I always wonder when she talk abt her activities.. you cant beleive guys.. she is teaching two boys some lessons at her home.. she is the music teacher.. she goes for swimming.. she works in the field.. she cleans the home .. she takes care of her cat.. she spend good time with her boy friend (Jorge). .. spend good time with family.... she works in our lab ... she goes for the music class.. and a very good singer.. for your information she sung in the radio last sunday.. she has really a good voice.. I requested her to sing one day for me in tamil.. and she was the first person taught me many words in Porthughese.. I am happy to say taht, she is my first porthuguese teacher after all)- even she is younger tahn me I am learning many things from her..

very active girl..

So, I assited her in the field.. you can say disturbed her (ha ha ha).. It was really sunny.. She brought me the hat and shoes even she brought the scoks.. Soooooooooo sweet of her...

Here is the vineyard...
Green grapes for making green wine...

Here starts the Farm house of Aveleda...

Marcia in a beautiful garden... She looks like one more flower ..



A splendid farm house...











A beautiful path ...



the place where they prepare wine...


Office rooms... I wish to have one office like this.. that would be great.. ha ha ha..

.....Peacock





Machine to spray pesticide...


Solar clock..


And after visiting the vineyard and farms,when we came back to Porto we saw Limousine.. Obviously I wanted to take one photo.. I never had a chance to take photo with Limousine..


with marcia too..


Finally I would like to share one information.. that is

In 2007, Casal Garcia has celebrated its arrival to the 60 countries, being considered the most sold Vinho Verde in the five continents.

To commemorate this, a limited edition was launched in order to share this joy with its Consumers.






I really need this bottle.. I dont know will it still available..


&


Finally, I finish this post by saying heartiest thanks to Marcia for taking me to visit the great and very interesting farm house and vineyards.. It was really a very exciting visit for me..


Muito Obrigada Menina..

4 comments:

  1. I hope that you find that bottle somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think so Pankaj? I would be happy then..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice visit.. impressive!! Its so clean out there..!! Great, Porkodi..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Santanu.. I would like to visit that place again .. planned to spend lot of time there.. also taste their wines.. ha ha ha..i missed on that day..

    ReplyDelete