Sunday, July 04, 2010

Royal city of Germany- München

It is been three weeks I was waiting to write about these upcoming posts... Can you guess where I have been to? I guess you could.. Sim.. I was in München, Bavaria state...
(Head quarters of BMW, Adidas, Audi, Puma, etc.,)

Before going to pictures I would like to share something about my journey.. As I said it was long time wish.. I had a good plans about this trip .. But I am too smart sometime that I made a note of everything except the address of the person whom I am going to stay with.. Ha ha ha.. That was the important than anything.. I am too smart .. Right???????

It was a very long journey (about 750 kms) .. So I started talking with the guy sitting near to me.. It should not surprise anyone.. ha ha ha..We had a good talk about the places to see around in Germany .. He showed me some interesting places in his i-phone.. I decided to ask his help.. I asked him to check my email to note down the address of the person whom I am going to stay with.. Ha ha ha... I was smart now .. right???? and the guy even helped me to use his i-phone .. It was good spending time like this while you are travelling a long way..

I was more relaxed after having an address..

I called Yael (Person whom I was staying with from CS) and let her know that I arrived München and travelled to her home.. She was already waiting for me in the station and we went home.. I relaxed a bit and she asked me to go and see some places in the city centre since the weather was so good.. She marked me some places in the metro map to see around..

Okay lets start seeing some places in Munich..
(City centre - Historical part)

from First day of my trip..

Royal Avenues and Squares...



I just liked the interior of this Church very much..... Isn't beautiful and so pleasing?????
I just had a walk for two hours and went home back.. Since Yael wanted to join with me to show around.. On the way back home I found this building.. I just took it because of Sud- Chemie.. (Something about chemistry-- So no wonder it interests me.... )
I went home to take Yael with me.. There was surprise waiting for me.. She prepared a food and decided to take me for picnic along the river side.. that sounded perfect..

So our picnic food!!!!
First time I tasted Sausage (100 % Chicken) .. That tasted delicious.. At least for me.. I am a chicken lover!!!!!!


This was our picnic spot..After having enough food we decided to walk a little .. Yael showed me around explained me many things about Munchen life.. It is always easy and special if someone will be with you explaining things.. I was lucky enough to get positive response from Yael to stay with her for three days..

Comes ..

Second day of my trip:

I had already travelled enough to Neuschwanstein (I tried very hard to remember the name of this castle, I even know now to write without any error.. Ha ha ha.. I never imagined.. I am happy for this..) Coming more details in the next post.. never miss that) and reached home at 20 hrs.. After Yael has some plans for me.. She was so sweet that she remembered my wish list in Munchen.. I thought of visiting those places in next visit.. But just because of her I could see many places.. you will see those..

She wanted to take me to pub ..That sounds very interesting.. I never been to any pub before.. So I was very eager to spend some time.. Even I was ready to dance.. Ha ha ha.. But, It was getting late for entering time .. So, Yael planned to take me there with her motorcycle.. We had some adventures trip .. I was travelling in Germany in Motorcycle without helmet.. Ha ha ha..Do you believe in this????? We tried hard to escape from Police.. Ha ha ha..
We could make it..

We went to pub.. It was all full.. But we decided to spend time for some drinks in Brazilian club.. I tasted first time cocktail.. (Non -alcoholic ; You should believe me in that too!!)

you can see me that I was exhausted by travelling .. But I was happy with my cocktail ..
(We were watchign US ans UK football game for some time : Two English fights!!!!! )

Here I am happy to introduce " Yael " my couch surfing Host and friend..


Then she took me to see football stadium (It was in my wish list) .. It was almost midnight.. Even I was so tired I was really happy to see the stadium with white lights on.. Also I heard that the color of the lights will be changed to red or blue depending on the team whom are they playing ..


Me and Yael in front of Arena...
And we were running back to catch the sub way .. She said Porkodi, Porkodi look look they are changing the lights.. We stopped running and watched the color change.. That was awesome!!!!
We were so happy for this..

This was the picture taken by Yael..

After all these we went home back safely without getting caught with any police.. Ha ha ha..

& comes

Third day of my stay at Munchen:

We first passed by the city centre again..

This was the model from the historical region..
Some more places for you (I already covered most of the places before)






We passed by the stalls where some people doing some handicraft wearing Bavarian dress..

After seeing all these places (Yael covered more than what I had in my wish list) we went home back and I prepared to go to Dortmund back..

About my return journey was miracle .. First, I booked with someone to go along with in a car.. Unfortunately she called me before two days of my journey and said she could not make it on the way back.. My god.. I was feeling so upset and tried to cancel the trip.. then I decided to find other alternate to come back.. As I told you before it was a very long journey (Almost North to South of the country) .. I checked the train tickets are so expensive.. Then I made myself some decision that I will take a weekend ticket and take lot of breaks in between cities..That would be very adventurous.. I am happy that I didn't do that.. )

When I said this to Yael she said that you are not going to do this definitely . I will find a cheap ticket for you... You know guys she did.. She found a cheap ticket in ICE train.... I was so happy.. How can I thank her??

"Thanks Yael"

So here I am going to show you how fast I was travelling to my city back..
302 kms/hour
could you imagine????

Even then it took six hours to reach home back.. (Of course not travelling always at this speed!!!)

Okay..

Here I should thank Yael for her kind help and made me so happy having different adventurous experiences which I wasn't imagining even in my dreams.. ..

Thanks a lot Yael for everything you did..

I am not finishing yet this trip... .. I have something more to show you.. So follow the following posts..

Obrigada!

2 comments:

  1. Like this post, i also have been taking long to write comment on this. You know sometime we tend to read the special post (ur dream place's visit with enough time). So here i write.
    Its been fun to read and feel the joy of visiting these places and appreciating the wonders. So grateful to Yael for making ur trip a success and so happening. Especially the bike ride adventure, cocktail in a pub and picnic.. that surely is fun.
    I wonder abt Europe.. its always been my dream place and believe me actually i m visiting these places thru ur blog.. so many thanks to u too.
    Europe is a great place of historical monuments beautifully carved and painted each depicting its own story..!! And the great thing is Europeans preserve these wonderfully.. Europe is a wonderland.
    Let's move on to ur next post.. let's see what's in there...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sim Santanu.. Europe was my dreamt place too.. So....

    And as you said motor bike ride adventure, cocktail in a pub and picnic was awesome.... surely a lot of fun!!!!!!

    So I wish you here to have all your dreams fulfilled soon and meet you somewhere in europe!!!!

    ReplyDelete