Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Couch Surfing experience !!!!!!!!!

Recently, I started using a couch surfing community to meet and stay with interesting people... In this way we can easily learn many things from other people if you are willing to.. I used this opportunity first time to my Berlin trip.. There I could understand the meaning of this community... It is really unbelievable... Most of the People in this group showing their incredible involvement to work this out...

Amazing part of this community is that they believe in someone whom they never met before .... Once you get acceptance you must be ready to receive surprises... These people are so concern... They give us place to stay and give us good guidance to go around the city.. They some time go with us to show around .. Cook good food for us .. And make our stay more comfortable way, etc., etc., like one in a family.. Isn't interesting to hear? I am proud to be in this community.. I would like to show my involvement to work this out too..

Being a member of this community, I tried to find a host to my Amsterdam trip.. When I was searching for the people to host me I found lot of interesting people.. In the first attempt I got negative response, that means they already had committed to someone.. So I looked for the second round .. So no wonder that I was lucky I got the acceptance from one guy.. Sweet smiling face guy (William), that made me feel good.. I was happy about this.. Mean while I got some response from the other people that even they have committed with other people they wished to meet me for some time during my stay.. that made me feel so good..
So as soon as I arrived Amsterdam I went to meet Turan..

Here he is ..


He travelled to lot of places.. he received me in one of the train stations and we both arrived his home.. there I had a good tea and some typical sweet from Netherland.. Also he gave me many tips to see the Amsterdam.. that was so helpful...

Thanks Turan for you great kindness...

Then I left to meet William (my host) .... before reaching his home I sent him message saying abt my arrival time.. So it was a surprise awaiting for me.. When I entered his home it was smelling great with some food.. William and his friend (Kim, Californian) was waiting for me in a dinner table to have food with me .. That was so sweet..

Here I am very happy to introduce William and Kim...

I was so hungry and i just joined with them... The food tasted very delicious... We had started talking a lot, almost about everything.. I was so comfortable just like that.. that was difficult to explain... With some people you don't see difficult to go along.. I experienced with two of them..
After our dinner we went out to have some drinks in the city centre..

Here we are...


I wanted to show my gratefulness to them.. So I invited them for the Indian dinner .. (I believed that wouldn't be other way around.. Hopefully went okay... Ha ha ha) I cooked in his home.. It was very simple food.. Rice and fish.. I wasn't happy with fish, since I came to know lately that I bought the smoked one.. I didn't like the smell at all.. But they were happy with that and I was glad that they really liked my food..

Here goes the Indian dishes..
I like the way he smiles.. the sound is totally different and cute... Other interesting thing is he speaks "Portuguese"....

During our dinner time, we started talking about the cultural difference.. I told him that its not that easy /almost impossible to stay with one guy like this in India.. May be my parents wouldn't mind to kill me.. I cant forget the expression that he made for my statement... He has got big shock.. and immediately he asked me if my parents knew it and will not create any issue about this.. I started laughing.. ha ha ha.. I said it would happen in India not in here and atleast not for me any more.. My family knew about me and they believe me.. he took a deep breathe then..I convinced him again saying that I discuss almost everything to my family .. Not all of course.. I have my own secrets ...

So after all these exciting things I left to Dortmund..

Here I am taking my chance to thank William a lot for accepting my request to host me.. that too for four days.. that was really too much.. He made my stay so comfortable and simply superbbbbbbbbbbbbbb (he use this word hundred times a day)..

And I would like to thank Kim for her great company and all kind of talk we had.. I would like to specially thank her for holding me tight all the way when we were walking in the city at night.. Cute action... Thanks a lot Kim for taking care of me well...

Thanks again you both for being very sweet.. I hope to see you both in Porto or else in India.. Or I will visit you again.. Ha ha ha... I believe you wouldn't say no to host me again ..

Will you William????

4 comments:

  1. Again a very nice post.. really touching.. this couch surfing shld b "touch (the heart) surfing".. hahhahhaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya ya.. It is.. We can say this.. So many surprises even now..

    ReplyDelete