Saturday, May 29, 2010

Brussels : Capital of Belgium and Capital of European union!

So next day Isabelle wanted to take me to some city in Belgium .. It was not my interest of this visit.... But still we decided to go..

My friend always suggest to visit Ghent whenever I talk about Belgium visit.. So I asked Isabelle to take me there.. She said any way we have to pass Brussels so we visit some places in there too.. It seemed a good plan.. right???

We started from Namur.. Its a Namur Central station...



So there we go.. We reached Brussels.. Look guys.. Here is the Main entrance to the Central Station.. So when you go to Brussles always look for the main entrance, please be alert if you go by train and no worries if you go by car...

Some photos from my previous day visit..

View of Grand'Place ...

I really liked this clock.. I really liked the sound of the bell.. It was very loud and catchy..


Royal Palace of Brussels..





Some photos from Grand place..... This historic market square with its splendid guild houses and the impressive Gothic beauty of the Town Hall, is widely considered to be one of the most beautiful town squares in Europe.

You can see the beauty...











Brussels stock exchange...&

Do you know why this place is crowded???? you will soon see it....


Here comes the Manneken pis... (A small guy pissing: it represent "irreverent spirit" of Brussels... I wasn't impressed when I saw it.. But when I was searching about this I found something interesting about this ..)

(((( One story goes that a father was missing his child and made a declaration to the city that when he found him he would build a statue of him, doing whatever it was that he was doing. Thus, a statue of a little boy peeing was created.)))) from wikitravel..

Somthing from Manneken .. for the beer..

I am glad that I don't drink beer.. ha ha ha...

&
When we were walking in the city we found this interesting guy.. I just wanted to give him money.. He called me for the picture and gave me very special kiss (he said that) ..
Ha ha ha...
That is nice..

If you go to Belgium and If you didn't eat chocolate or waffels it would be incomplete.. I was partially incomplete since I just had chocolate this time.. Isabelle was convincing me that Porkodi its not going to be your last visit.. So she was right.. I will be visiting her again.. so next time..

Here goes the fresh chocolate dipped fruits (banana and strawberry).. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. that was so delicious..
No wonder they are the one of the best producers of chocolate..


More manneken pis .. its all chocolates.. Here comes the issue I cant resist myself for the chocolate..
Ha ha ha....

I end this post with chocolate and moving to the next post..

be patient guys....

Obrigada for being patient!!!

3 comments: