Sunday, May 31, 2009

SEMANA DA ENERGIA E AMBIENTE - Race...

Guys,

I Planned to stay in my home during the weekend.. its because of two reasons.. one is here its terribly hot.. and the other thing is there will be a car race in my street. There were big publicity for this race on saturday from 8.30 am to 7.30 pm..
So I was so eager to see the race.. It was realy funny we were expecting big cars.... (so pls guys dont expect a big cars.... ha ha ha) ,but you know to celebrate the energy week the race was conducted with the car (kind of) running by gravity.. ha ha ha.. i guess they selected our strret since ours is the deepest street as much as I know...
Our street name is Rua D Pedro V (dho pedhro kinthu- in porthugues) .. its a kind of busiest street during weekdays..

Most of the people like this street very much since it has trees on both sides and end in the river.. I always wanted to take a picture without cars.. but its almost impossible.. but i could make it yesterday becasue the closed the street for the race..
Here is the view of the closed street .. and my residence.. you can see my room from this picture.. my room is in the last floor and third window from left..


This is the view of the other side of the street..


we were really waiting to see the race.. I am with Joaquim.. He is the innocent boy i have ever seen.. so nice person..

And with Nuno - one of our Segurancas (means securities)...

And with residence people.. We are all waiting to see the race..


Here comes the cars... very interesting thing is those are made by themselfs.. running just by gravity..

The selected persons are going up by holding the rope in the van...




After watching some rounds we decided to go up and see the starting point... myself , Pankaj and Bibhu (Two Indians boys have come for two months training programme from IIT, karakpur) went up and took some pictures of the cars..
Here are the participants with their cars...

One of my favorite cars is this..

So you know we are very curious to take picture in sitting with those cars.. One person saw us and said us to take picture by sitting in the car.. we were so happy to take pictures with the cars..
here comes first the Bibhu...
and of course me..

Lsat but not least Pankaj..


Two young boys were ready to start the race..

Then we decided to go at the end of the street to see the finishing ..

thats finishing the final.
So I spent all my day with this.. and for the compliment I got the tea shirt.. i was happy to receive it for free.. ha ha ha.. I am happy that i have got one good gift for one in my family..
ha ha ha...

No comments:

Post a Comment