Friday, August 24, 2018

Géneve to Zermatt. Second day of my journey.

I have to share few things before I talk about my next travel to Zermatt. I assumed and judged that I am traveling to super rich country, so the people out there would be super arrogant, super egositic, super rude and super self centred. They proved me wrong in a very short time and I always admit my bad judgements! Oops and Sorry.

To my surprise, I found Swiss people super considerate and super kind. Firstly, though the country has 4 official languages, almost all people spoke english. That was a great relief! And at any chance of enquires they were patient enough to answer and as I mentioned in my previous posts, people straight away invited me to their homes even at our first encounter. I say these people are super considerate and thoughtful because of two main reasons which were very useful to me specially. One, in every 100 to 200 m distance you will find a fresh water pipes flows water 24 h nonstop. And importantly near to the water pipes there will be free clean toilet available! These amazed me at first sight!


Now, I continue my travel from Geneva to Zermatt. It is like 4 h journey. I have to mention about the SBB mobile app. Whoever travel to swiss please download this and it is brilliant! You have a touch timetable option, there you just draw lines of starting and destination and you will end up with all the detail of the travels. You can add and edit the cities you are intersted to visit. I had so much fun (useful) with that!



 So according to the plan of SBB, I had to do one change. Since I started very early and I had some rest in the rail journey and as soon as I woke up I was exposed to montains with snow, water falls, rivers. It was very charming!

Voila, now I see what I wanted to see in Swiss.









 With charming rail journey I arrived Zermatt. My plan was to visit the Matterhorn mountain.
(The Matterhorn – mystical, majestic, the mountain of mountains. No one can escape its fascination. Neither locals nor guests).

Zermatt is the first charming small town I visited in Swiss. With sunshine was wonderful!

From touristic office, I got all the informations that I needed. So I was ready to reach ...
 The Matterhorn glacier paradise is the highest summer ski region in Europe and is open 365 days a year.

It was quite a walk to get to the cable car starting point. In my opinion it was worth it. I could have done it with bus ( When touristic office personal told me about the green bus, I assumed there will be a real bus) and while I was walking, I was thinking why there was no bus crossed me so far. I show you how bus look like then you would understand. Tiny cute ones of course environmental friendly.





 







After almost a hour walk I got the ticket. With swiss pass I got 50 % off, I paid 50 euros. I was thinking my god it is too muh money for this journey.

I was happy that I got the pass to reach highest cable car station in Europe (3,883 m /12740 feet).

Matterhorn: The Jewel of the Swiss Alps

At 4,478 metres, the majestic Matterhorn – certainly the most famous mountain in Europe – looms over the breathtaking Alpine panorama. This Switzerland landmark is at the border of the western Swiss canton of Valais between Zermatt and the Italian resort of Breuil-Cervinia, and offers a paradise for all nature-lovers looking for peace and quiet. Its symmetric pyramid shape, the rocky tooth reaching the sky and the light reflections of the nearby Stellisee make the Matterhorn’s landscape a unique natural spectacle in Zermatt.


Cable car journey took almost an hour. I was thinking at one point if that ever stops. ;-) and I could have paid more :-). 50 euros was nothing for this blissful trip.

After 2000 m it starts to get cold, so I prepared little to face the cold. It was breathtaking when I saw mountains of snow. I used to live in Germany and got chance to see lot of snow, but this one is completely different.

 



At one point cable car journey ends and I was just out to the snow mountains. It was absolutely magical. I had a chance to climb more to have a thrilling experience.


Not lot of people wanted to do that, but I was so excited and I first understood I am standing above 12500 feet so I have to realise it and I walked slowly to enjoy the breathtaking view. It was freezing cold but I managed and spent little time out there!

If you look down the metal base (you can see down), its on purpose made to make you get all adrenalene rush! It was a perfect feeling!







After I could jump into snow and do whatever I want. At that time I thought I should learn sking. So next project is already set. But I wanted to do something with this amount of snow and at this height. There was a guy ( I guess who understood my eagerness) asked me to do the kids stuff. ;-).

I was absolutely up for it. I asked cute guy (incharge) and he agreed to put me in this. He even took some picture of me.




I was completely frozen ;-). I could not feel my hand anymore. I survived with good adrenalene rush also I guess overwhelmed dopamine.

I thought I could have my lunch there. That was a bad thinking and of course I didnt do that. After having satisfied fun with snow, I was ready to descendre (oh la la, now I speak french :-)).

So, other surprising encounter happened. While I was waiting for the cable ccar, I got to talk with dozen people came from Zurich. They were doing mountain hiking and I asked about their interesting experiences. They found me crazy (of course) and one of them offered me his gloves and even warmed my hands. It was very helpful!

After one cable car trip, I said goodbuy to Zurich people and thanked them for their timely warming up . To reach glacier paradise we had to do 4 or 5 times changing.  This is one of the stops. quite a panaromic view!




The journey was very long and I was hungry. So I stopped in one of the stataions and decided to have my lunch and relax!



While I was having lunch, I thought about reserving place to stay that night. Around 3 pm I finalised my accomodation in air b&b in Grächen.

So after such a beautiful trip,  I went down to Zermatt and I took the bus trip to have little fun. It was pretty funny! It is little bigger than Auto riksha ;-) but without noise! 



It started raining and I happened to see this sheep parade.  I never saw before black and white sheep and the unique sound (bells around their neck) pleased me! So I decided already what to buy for me from Swiss.

I visited few souvenir shops and was looking for the bells. It was quite expensive but I wanted to have a better one that make same sound which registered in my brain. So I was happy to get this one!


After spending enough time in Zermatt, I had to get back to airb&b place in
Grächen. I checked the transportation and I went to the train stataion where I met again Zurich people. They were in hurry but still he (Thomas) gave me his number and told me if I come to Zurich I had to visit them! I was just smiling nothing much I could do.

So I left from Zermatt to Grächen. After a rail there is a bus journey. I did not realise when I reserved that place it located in the mountain of 1 619 m. I was excited and enjoyed such a lovely bus journey.


This was the view from the home / hotel I stayed! It was perfect. I feel lucky always, because everything I think it happens. I am not sure how much you beleive this. But it DOES!


I was hungry and I spent little time to cook my dinner and I had a simple delicious dinner with the great view and went for after dinner walk. 

 

WIth the rain drizzles it was highly romantic. I mean I didnt expect someone with me, the nature itself was a great joy! It might sound stupid and crazy. That is ME!

 
 

So, second day already gave me enough satisfaction about my Swiss trip! I am sure I will be delighted more with this trip!

 It was time to get some sleep!

I had a good plan for the next journey!
So wiat for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment