Sunday, August 19, 2018

Adventurous trip in Switzerland!

My plan was to make a trip to somewhere just because I am on sabbatical. I happened to have many points of my previous work train traveling and I wanted to use them to buy my tickets. I had many options travelling from Paris and one country which I never been caught my eyes. So that is how it is started. I decided then for ten days trip in SWITZERLAND! It was my long time dream to visit this country travel into small towns and enjoy nature. Voila ! Aug 7th to 17th it is fixed. So I had 5 days to plan my 10 days trip. I wanted to make this trip efficient and worked hard to plan. I mean I wanted to understand how the travel system works and as I mentioned it should be adventurous, hence I didnt reserve any place for my stay. I just wanted to follow the way it shows. Since I do not know where I want to stop, I can not reserve place for my stay also it was my long term inenstion to understand a little of homeless people feeling.

I found an interesting 8 day travel card that covers almost all traveling in rail, bus, boat and cable cars etc., inside country aswell border to other countries like Germany, France, Austria and Italy. It sounded as a great deal and it was not expensicce at all. (350 euros sounds nothing).

This was my rough plan!

I had some idea before my travel and I was very excited to do this. To make a good start I did first night staying arrangement with couch surfing in Geneva. That was a good help! I decided to travel light so I took minimum dresses and lot of food stuffs (all type of nuts and chocloates) to survive for ten days.

When I told my friends that I am going to Switzerland they warned me about the expenses.I got that and for me never food was a big issue and staying I thought I would make it but the water and toilet was my main concern. I need to use toilet every two hours and drink plenty of water. I prepared myself with lot of coins and also bought diper for emergency condition ;-).

So all set to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment