Sunday, June 07, 2009

Romantic... RÉGUA e Pocinho path- Spectacular view...

It was a unexpected trip for me ... Friday night, Bibhu and Pankaj asked me to give them company to visit some places near Porto... I suggested some for their visit.. But I said them if they agreed to go to "Regua " I would give them company..
They agreed for that.. then next I wanted to check the train timings and tried to make a plan .. I discussed with some people and asked abt that place.. everyone said that the journey will be very good..

Nuno (our security) suggested us to go to "Pocinho" from "Regua".. that will be best trip... So i just registered those things and tried to plan our trip..


We saw the train timings and fixed to catch 9.15 am train in one of the main stations in Porto.. so we planned to start from our residence at 8.30 am .. I woke up at 5.30 am and prepared food for three and packed everything and i made meself ready and thought of checking the status of my indian friends.... ha ha ha...you wont beelive that when I went to their room they were sleeping ... just sleeping.. also it was raining a lot.. so I wanted to confirm that still are we going to have that journey.. they said that, we can go but with changing in the timings.. I agreed for taht .. there is a change in the plan... so the next plan was ,we suppose to catch train at 11.15 am and should start in our residence at 10.00 am..

I asked them to come to my room after they got ready.. I was just waiting in my room.. Mean while I was talking with bala.. When it was 9.58 am i said bala i will be going to shut down computer.. (It wasnt necesssary of course...you know guys I shouldnt expect the punctuality from Indian boys ...sorry to say this here.. But from my experience I came to know that we indians never try to value people time... This is the way we brought up... and we practiced to wait for our trains few hours even... Its normal for us... . So I dont have any complaints for that.. But we should change ourself a bit atleast... dont get irritated reading this.. please guys.. I shared my opinions.. tahts all) ... then comes about our trip... I made shut down and waiting for these great Indian friends.. then It was 10.10 no sign of them.. so i thought of logging in again and catch bala to talk with him.. I started talkign with him and also informed him that any time i can leave..

you know guys i saw time 10.35 in my watch.. and decided to cancel the trip.. becasue anyway we could not catch the at 11.15 am train.. at that time Pankaj came and said can go now.. I was just looking and said we cant make it.. but still I could undersatand them...Then we decided to take risk to catch the train.. So we went to bus station .. waiting some time for the bus...... got bus.. reached the railway station a bit late..
(This is one of the main railway staions in Porto... where I first met Manel.... That was an very exciting moment I never forget.. I remembered that great feelings now... the same weather i had yesterday too.. raining...)

comes abt our trip again, as we knew it already we missed the train...... so we suppose to wait more two hours for the next train.. I asked them still they need to go to Regua.. .. there were other trains for some other cities.. after long discussion we decided to go to Regua.. I was so hungry and said them need to have my lunch.. So we went inside the station and had our lunch.. it was really funny we didnt know how to spend such a long time in a station.. but we could make it.. we took some topic and had discussion about that.. in taht way we could pass such a long time..

This is the new part of railway station.. (Me , Pankaj and Bibhu)

Finally we got into the train at 13.24 hours.. we got seated and tried to enjoy our journey.....
We prepared ourself to enjoy our trip and started viewing country side outside... Here I need to write soemthing about Regua.... Its just the vineyard along the river side... It is the center of Port Wine in the upper Douro (name of the river) valley.... so now you know guys, why I targeted this place to visit.. ha ha ha.. Its all about my favorite alcoholic beverage... thats nothing but the wine... Ha ha ha...

There are tourist boats that ply the water of the Douro, bringing tourists through the locks of two dams to Régua. I suppose to go to Regua by boat... this kind of boat.. (just scroll down.. you will see it).. it would be sooooooooooooo beautiful than travelling by train.. But I will go again in summer or in fall.. that is for sure..


We reached Regua after 2 hours journey... We got down and enquired about the train timings to Pocinho ... We had one hour gap .. in that time we decided to visit some vineyard.. We started walking to explore the nature..


You can see the baner of wine sellers .. Each seller has more than one mountain I believe..






This mountain belongs to the wine seller Sandaman...( the famous porto wine sellers.. its famous around the world)

Other kind of cruise...


Targeting Sandaman.... (Back ground).. ha ha ha..

Some photos in Regua....

Some other wine sellers... (Porto Cruz and Porto Pocas)











Myself and Pankaj...



When we were walking one of the bridges in regua I saw one boat was coming.. We palnned to wait for 5 mins to look people from the bridge..
I wished to take one photo with the boat ...
Tourists in the boat were dancing and gave us lot of kisses... I missed to take the video...
They already crossed us...
Then we went back to station to take train to Pocinho....This picture when we were waiting to take a train to Pocinho...
We were already travelling to Pocinho... From Regua...
Follows are the photos from Regua to Pocinho...
It was really difficult to take a picture from the train while travelling.. So bare with me guys.. If the picture is not good dont scold me.. I did my level best to make you feel the same the way I experienced......




some staions on the way to Pocinho.. Me and Bibhu..
I wish to have one summer house like this.. Ha ha ha...















This is the typical porthuguse railway station ..... Almost all the staions in Portugal look great like this.. with lot of blue art on tiles... so beautiful.... Our train stoped for some time here in this station.. I could take some pictures here..


To explore more adventures in this journey we could travel in this old train .. that would be very interesting ... butwe didnt have time for that..




Again travel continues.....








one of the highlights of this journey was the RAINBOW... my god.. no words to explain that.. It was like in dream.. so beautiful between two mountains.. I never saw such a big beautiful rainbow in my life.. I thank god here to gave me great chance to see that..



We were travelling like more tahn 10 hours ...and we never got bored.. The weather was perfect.. I was more than satisfied....
And as I said in the title the trip was so romanticcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.. I never had such a romantic feeling in my life.. so obviously here I missed my dreamt man.. (ha ha ha)... But I didnt want to miss the great romantic feeling.. so I satisfied myself by assuming and dreaming myself travelling with him.. ... that was wonderful feeling.. any way I had a sweet pain missing my dreamt man all the journey... That was a great feeling... I dont have words to express it.. I beleive you can understand me....
immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
And finally I would like to thank my Indian friends (Bibhu and Pankaj) for giving me good company.. We had silly talks and had great fun..
Thanks Bibhu and Pankaj..
I wish you both should visit more places around and experience the beauty of Portugal....also europe...
I also suggest you both please make a good plan and more than important is that to follow the plan.. i hope you do follow and enjoy your future journeys...
Please use the opportunity guys..
Have great fun...
Beijinhos...

2 comments:

  1. i enjoyed reading this section.. u got gud pictures even in such cloudy and rainy weather, specially the rainbow appeared really nice in picture.. i never tried taking picture of rainbow.. AND i have never saw such a prominent rainbow..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. Here I have to be honest enough.. I didnt take those pistures of rainbow.. It was from bibhus camera.. My camera battery was down already.. You know becasue of that I was really enjoying watching the rainbow.. I didnt waste my time to take pictures.. ha ha ha.. How optimistic i am.. I am laughing at myself..
    Okay.. again thanks for your comments.. But you said that enjoyed reading this section.. may i knwo the reason santanu????????? Is that beacuse the travel was romantic??????????????? you miss your girl friend I guess.. dont be....

    ReplyDelete