Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Volendam and Marken!

Volendam is a popular tourist attraction in the Netherlands, well-known for its old fishing boats and the traditional clothing still worn by some residents. The women's costume of Volendam, with its high, pointed bonnet, is one of the most recognizable of the Dutch traditional costumes, and is often featured on tourist postcards and posters (although there are believed to be fewer than 50 women now wearing the costume as part of their daily lives, most of them elderly).






I travelled to the Marken (it was island before) by this boat.. the trip was really great though it was so cold.. I broke my promise that I ate the fish on saturday.. Usually I dont want to eat any non-veg food on saturday.. But you know the fish was the very famous food in Volendam.. So I did .. As they say it was so delicious with some spicy sauce..


This is Marken.. there we visited the wooden shoe factory and we saw the shoe making process.. that was really interesting.. We move to the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment