Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Keukenkof : Largest flower garden in the world!

Keukenhof....This was my first target to my Amsterdam trip.. I found that they close this garden on May 16th.. As a flower loving person I really didn't want to lose this opportunity..So I did...


From wikipedia some information for you..:

The garden was established in 1949 by the then-mayor of Lisse. The idea was to present a flower exhibit where growers from all over the Netherlands and Europe could show off their hybrids – and help the Netherlands export industry (it is the world's largest exporter of flowers).

Keukenhof has been the world's largest flower garden for over fifty years.

Keukenhof is open annually from the last week in March to mid-May. The best time to view the tulips is around mid-April, depending on the weather. In 2010 Keukenhof will be open from March 18 to May 16.

&
And it has been photographed millions of times, more than any other location.

Here I am going to present you some flowers.. Don't complaint guys.. these are really very specific photos.. I cant reduce more than this.. You have to adjust with me.. Okay????

Here I would like to inform that the weather was amazing when I went there.. they said it was a right time since it had been to so cold and raining all days before the day I went.. So as you know guys as lucky as always I had a lucky sun shining days ....

With the sun shine you see flowers looked unreal..
But believe me it was exactly the same how it looked ..





I found thi sin a park.. Nice hug right????



This was the theme for 2010.. "From Russia with love "

And one more information is the tulip flowers are not from Holland.. These are originally from Turky.. Do you beleive this? but you have to...


















And the tulip flower field at the back of the garden.. Unfortunately that was too late to see the full of tulip flowers in the field.. But i could see atleast some.. I am happy abut that.. So if you wish to see the flower fields please visit in Mid april.. You would love it..
I would like to dedicate these flowers to my sister.. She was celebrating her birthday on May 14th the day I was in Keukenhof..

"பிறந்த நாள் நல் வாழ்த்துக்கள் அக்கா"

முத்தங்கள்

5 comments:

  1. This is a gud post Porkodi, especially bcos very few people get to see so many variety of flowers together and that to internationally exported ones. We are honored to b a part of this blog...
    Thanks for sharing Porkodi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to share this to you too..

    So should I thank you for making me happy??????????????

    ReplyDelete